The warming roots of Withania (Withania somnifera) also known as Ashwagandha are a beautiful, rejuvenating tonic used to improve general health and longevity and for that, it is classified as a Rasayana, a rejuvenating or life-extending agent.
Withania's properties as a gentle tonic for the nervous system make it great for the hyped-up, stressed out person, as it enables the body to better cope by calming and strengthening the nervous system. The stress-fighting power is for both the mental and physical stresses of life. This makes Withania Bliss Balls the perfect rejuvenation snack!
Makes approx. 12
• 1/4 cup organic unhulled tahini
• 1/4 cup organic almond butter (or nut butter of your choice)
• 1/4 cup organic dark cacao nibs or chop up a bar of cacao chocolate
• 1 tablespoon of cold pressed coconut oil
• 2 tablespoons organic Withania powder
• 2 tablespoons organic Maca powder
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
• 1 teaspoon ginger powder
• 1 teaspoon nutmeg powder
• 4 tablespoons almond meal
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Gently heat unhulled tahini, almond butter, coconut oil, and cacao nibs into a pot until mixed and smooth.
2. Add herb powders, Maca powder and almond meal and mix until well combined.
3. Mix in vanilla extract.
4. When the dough is thick enough, roll into balls. Add more almond meal if required.
5. Coat with sesame seeds or not.
Will last sealed in a container in the refrigerator for about two weeks or freeze and take out as required. enJOY ツ