This soothing chest rub is super easy to make and will help to bring warmth into the chest, help to decongest and open the airways without using petroleum-based ingredients.
The anti-bacterial properties of thyme and eucalyptus will also help to fight infection.
- ½ cup cold pressed virgin coconut oil
- ½ cup cold pressed virgin olive oil
- 30 g natural beeswax
- 25 drops thyme essential oil
- 25 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 10 drops peppermint essential oil
Approximately nine 30 ml small glass jars (or tins) with lids for storing it in.
Method of preparation
- Melt coconut oil together with olive oil and beeswax on low heat in a glass bowl over a small stainless steel saucepan or melt in a double boiler.
- Stir continuously until the beeswax is completely melted.
- Remove the glass bowl from the heat and add essential oils. Stir well.
- Pour into glass jars and let cool before placing caps on then store in a cool place.
- Less wax will produce more of an ointment viscosity, while the whole 30g of wax will create a more solid, lip balm- like consistency.
How to use
Rub the balm into your chest and throat and breathe deeply. Do not apply it to your nose or any mucous membranes. You can also add to feet and cover with socks just before jumping into bed.