Natural Healing of Lyme Disease
and Its Co-Infections
Spirochete (coiled hair) is a particular kind of bacterium that causes Lyme Disease. This bacterium is extremely smart as it has evolved over the billions of years it has been around, making it difficult to detect. The spirochetes that cause Lyme Disease belong to the genus Borrelia.
Humans can contract Borrelia via the bite of an infected tick, from which that tick acquires the infection from another host species. Most Lyme patients contract co-infections because ticks also transmit other bacterial infections and viruses via a single bite.
Borrelia can be transmitted via other methods. These include:
- other vectors (e.g. insects – mosquitoes, midges, mites and others)
- human body fluids (e.g. sexual intercourse)
- placental transfer and breast milk.
There is no quick-fix solution for treating Lyme Disease and its co-infections, it takes time and commitment.
The standard western medicine approach is primarily limited to killing spirochetes using antibiotics which is just not enough. To successfully treat Lyme and its co-infections, it is necessary to yes kill the spirochetes but also to support detoxification, digestion, immune function, provide symptomatic relief, and then rebuild.
If you have already tried other interventions with no result or worsening symptoms or just don't know where to start to get a diagnosis, it may be time to consider a different approach.
My comprehensive treatment plan encompasses:
- Specific Lyme tests can be arranged in the initial consultation, if needed
- Education on antibiotics (should you choose to use them), their reactions and how to offset them
- Reducing inflammation
- Supporting detoxification and elimination
- Supporting immune function
- Supporting gut health
- Dietary support (including meal plans)
- Gentle lifestyle adjustments
- Naturopathic and herbal treatment to directly target Lyme and its co-infections
As Lyme Disease and its co-infections are complex in their treatment, you are my ideal client if you are committed and focused to following the prescribed treatment plan. Please understand that naturopathy is not a quick fix, and it is essential to go slow for your comfort; therefore, it can time to achieve your health goals.